One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brazing alloy consisting largely of copper and silver.
- ‘The oven is precisely temperature-controlled for the type of silver solder being used and filled with inert gas to prevent oxidation.’
- ‘Then, on a trial and error basis, the silver solder was heated, the bond broken, the barrels realigned and the process repeated.’
- ‘The piston features a stepped groove to allow a better silver solder between the piston itself and the top rod.’
- ‘I heard that with some of the early adoption of silver solder used on the electronics boards of PCs, disc arrays etc., problems have been encountered when in contact with even small amounts of sulphur in the atmosphere.’
- ‘Cut a small sliver of the silver solder for each joint to be soldered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.