One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of serving food at formal meals in which the server uses a silver spoon and fork in one hand to serve the food item by item on to the diner's plate.‘some ships go for full silver service’
- ‘Dinner was interesting, and silver service (of course).’
- ‘The course will cover the skills required in serving food to the public and covers preparation of the food service area, table layout, silver service, health, and safety and hygiene regulations.’
- ‘Taking a step back from traditional ideas of silver service, they've favoured offering faultless food and service with an edge.’
- ‘With a new emphasis on themed events, Duff replaced the traditional silver service and white tablecloths with a flexible and innovative hospitality service to meet the needs of each customer.’
- ‘The Bellamy's then had white-starched linen tablecloths and silver service, and everything was cooked in fat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.