Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for coho
- ‘They can also try fly tying classes, ice fishing for trout, arctic char and silver salmon in the comfort of a heated tent, and boat trips for admiring sea lions, dolphins and whales.’
- ‘The site of one of Alaska's most isolated coastal fishing camps ‘is one of the world's best places to pursue ocean-fresh silver salmon.’’
- ‘It is possible to catch late king salmon, chum salmon, sockeye salmon, early silver salmon, rainbow trout, dolly varden, grayling and arctic char.’
- ‘The scientist watches as eagles dive into the river, emerging laboriously moments later with silver salmon firmly in their talons.’
- ‘I had spent my youth gaffing silver salmon at home in Donegal and was an expert.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.