1British Foil made of aluminum or other silver-colored metal.
- ‘But I didn't expect him to give me a rectangular box wrapped in silver paper with a card reading the name Keith.’
- ‘Add a strip of silver paper to cover flame edges.’
- ‘In those far off days I used bits of bird feather, rabbit fur and silver paper wrapped around a hook.’
- ‘Louise began experimenting with different materials in an attempt to bring the outdoors inside, graduating from silver paper to specialist hobby paints.’
- ‘‘Look,’ she said, touching it with both her hands to emphasise the point, ‘it's wrapped in silver paper.’’
2archaic Fine white tissue paper.
- ‘There is a tariff on papers known commercially as copying paper, filtering paper, silver paper, and tissue paper.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.