Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fine-grained sedimentary rock consisting of consolidated silt.
- ‘The upper Gotham Member also comprises thinly interbedded mudstone, siltstone, and fine-grained calcareous sandstone.’
- ‘Permian shale, sandstone, siltstone, limestone, sands, marls, and dolostones were deposited by sea-level fluctuations.’
- ‘Thick Permian to Cretaceous continental rise deposits merge southward into a continuous Ordovician to Eocene shelf sedimentary succession of marine carbonate, sandstone, siltstone and shale.’
- ‘Reddish-brown siltstone and fine-grained sandstone of the Organ Rock Tongue form the lower slopes of the hill and part of the nearly vertical wall above the lower slopes.’
- ‘The canyon fill passes conformably upward into limestone and calcareous siltstone and sandstone of the Wonoka Formation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.