One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In addition to predation and competition by exotic species, these fish were also negatively impacted by overfishing, pollution, siltation and other forms of habitat degradation.’
- ‘Overgrazing in the surrounding lowlands and logging in the highlands are causing severe soil erosion, which in turn has caused heavy siltation in the lake.’
- ‘Additionally, once logged, many national forests are prone to flooding, mudslides and stream destruction due to runoff and siltation.’
- ‘It says the crop has triggered soil erosion, siltation of waterways, widespread use of toxic chemicals and pesticides and road building through some of the world's most delicate habitats.’
- ‘The environmental effects of careless logging have led to soil erosion, polluted rivers, siltation and severe flooding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.