One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ornamental tree of the pea family with showy pink plume-like flowers that open in midsummer. It is naturalized in most of the eastern US.
Albizia julibrissin, family Fabaceae
- ‘The silk tree, also called Mimosa, loves the summer heat.’
- ‘Highlights include a 64-foot photo mural of trees, mountains, and waterfalls near the cafeteria and a common area with silk trees of local varieties.’
- ‘My personal favorites are the many varied hydrangeas, and, of course, the silk tree.’
- ‘And around the lawn, tree ferns, banana plants, and a floss silk tree thrive in Oakland's nearly frost-free climate.’
- ‘We create silk trees and flower arrangements blending the art of bonsai and Ikebana (Japanese).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.