One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ornamental tree of the pea family with fernlike leaves and showy pink plumelike flowers that open in midsummer. It is naturalized in most of the eastern US.
- ‘And around the lawn, tree ferns, banana plants, and a floss silk tree thrive in Oakland's nearly frost-free climate.’
- ‘Highlights include a 64-foot photo mural of trees, mountains, and waterfalls near the cafeteria and a common area with silk trees of local varieties.’
- ‘We create silk trees and flower arrangements blending the art of bonsai and Ikebana (Japanese).’
- ‘The silk tree, also called Mimosa, loves the summer heat.’
- ‘My personal favorites are the many varied hydrangeas, and, of course, the silk tree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.