Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An ornamental tree of the pea family with fernlike leaves and showy pink plumelike flowers that open in midsummer. It is naturalized in most of the eastern US.→ mimosa
- ‘And around the lawn, tree ferns, banana plants, and a floss silk tree thrive in Oakland's nearly frost-free climate.’
- ‘My personal favorites are the many varied hydrangeas, and, of course, the silk tree.’
- ‘We create silk trees and flower arrangements blending the art of bonsai and Ikebana (Japanese).’
- ‘Highlights include a 64-foot photo mural of trees, mountains, and waterfalls near the cafeteria and a common area with silk trees of local varieties.’
- ‘The silk tree, also called Mimosa, loves the summer heat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.