One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lung fibrosis caused by the inhalation of dust containing silica.
- ‘He had worked in a brickyard for years and got silicosis from the dust in his lungs.’
- ‘The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.’
- ‘In the concentration camp he had contracted silicosis, a lung disease similar to a combination of tuberculosis and emphysema from breathing in the fine dust that filtered through the cracks in the walls and floors.’
- ‘For those that don't know, silicosis is an occupational lung disease that can be fatal.’
- ‘Patients with silicosis are at increased risk of contracting tuberculosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.