One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lung fibrosis caused by the inhalation of dust containing silica.
- ‘For those that don't know, silicosis is an occupational lung disease that can be fatal.’
- ‘In the concentration camp he had contracted silicosis, a lung disease similar to a combination of tuberculosis and emphysema from breathing in the fine dust that filtered through the cracks in the walls and floors.’
- ‘Patients with silicosis are at increased risk of contracting tuberculosis.’
- ‘He had worked in a brickyard for years and got silicosis from the dust in his lungs.’
- ‘The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.