One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lung fibrosis caused by the inhalation of dust containing silica.
- ‘He had worked in a brickyard for years and got silicosis from the dust in his lungs.’
- ‘Patients with silicosis are at increased risk of contracting tuberculosis.’
- ‘For those that don't know, silicosis is an occupational lung disease that can be fatal.’
- ‘The breathing of coal and rock dust causes black lung, the common name given to the lung diseases pneumoconiosis and silicosis.’
- ‘In the concentration camp he had contracted silicosis, a lung disease similar to a combination of tuberculosis and emphysema from breathing in the fine dust that filtered through the cracks in the walls and floors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.