One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective siliconized
Coat or otherwise treat (something) with silicone.
- ‘It is nonlatex and is siliconized for ease of insertion.’
- ‘After clearing the anthers for 1-5 min in 45% acetic acid, the meiotic cells were squeezed out of the anthers in a fresh drop of 45% acetic acid and squashed lightly under a siliconized cover glass.’
- ‘The fluid was aspirated after each 60-mL infusion, pooled in a sterile siliconized container, and immediately transported on ice to the laboratory.’
- ‘The glass sleeves were inserted into the drilled-out tops of 1.5 ml siliconized polypropylene tubes, and the holder was cemented to the tube top with silicone sealant.’
- ‘The tissue was sandwiched between a positively charged glass slide and a siliconized coverslip and incubated for 30 min at room temperature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.