One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective siliconized
Coat or otherwise treat (something) with silicone.
- ‘It is nonlatex and is siliconized for ease of insertion.’
- ‘The fluid was aspirated after each 60-mL infusion, pooled in a sterile siliconized container, and immediately transported on ice to the laboratory.’
- ‘The tissue was sandwiched between a positively charged glass slide and a siliconized coverslip and incubated for 30 min at room temperature.’
- ‘After clearing the anthers for 1-5 min in 45% acetic acid, the meiotic cells were squeezed out of the anthers in a fresh drop of 45% acetic acid and squashed lightly under a siliconized cover glass.’
- ‘The glass sleeves were inserted into the drilled-out tops of 1.5 ml siliconized polypropylene tubes, and the holder was cemented to the tube top with silicone sealant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.