A binary compound of silicon with another element or group.
- ‘The new technology features a minimum number of process changes, such as strained silicon and a new nickel silicide, to shorten time to volume.’
- ‘The metal layer which is not transformed into a metal silicide overlying the dielectric spacers and shallow trench isolation regions is removed.’
- ‘The barrier may be a thin film containing at least one of a nitride, oxide, boride, silicide, carbide and aluminide.’
- ‘A hard mask layer comprising tungsten silicide is formed over the first barrier layer.’
- ‘It is interesting to note, however, that there are seven carbides and four silicides known in the mineral kingdom and that one of the carbides and two of the silicides were discovered in the People's Republic of China.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.