One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting clastic rocks consisting largely of silica or silicates.
- ‘Successions in the more intact Permian units are depositionally underlain by siliciclastic sedimentary rocks.’
- ‘The massif comprises low-grade, mainly fine-grained, siliciclastic deposits, ranging from the lowermost Cambrian to the upper Silurian in age.’
- ‘Previous studies of coal sequence stratigraphy have concentrated on coals associated with siliciclastic depositional systems.’
- ‘Our data show, in contrast, that these siliciclastic strata were deposited in two chronologically distinct basins.’
- ‘The lower parts of the two successions consist of very thick, compositionally immature, dominantly shallow marine siliciclastic sediments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.