One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A weakly acidic colloidal hydrated form of silica made by acidifying solutions of alkali metal silicates.
- ‘If dandruff is a concern, look for ingredients such as silicic acid (raw aspirin) or willow bark extract and selenium, which help control itching and flaking.’
- ‘The supply of iron, relative to that of the macronutrients nitrate, phosphate, and silicic acid, plays a critical role in allowing extensive diatom blooms to develop in coastal upwelling regimes.’
- ‘The mineral waters vary considerably in temperature, mineralisation, radon, silicic acid and fluorine content, and are suitable for treatment of a wide range of diseases.’
- ‘‘Silicon, when reduced to the nanoscale (less than one thousand millionth of a metre) becomes biodegradable and dissolves into the body as silicic acid,’ he explained.’
- ‘Grasses readily absorb silica in the form of silicic acid from the soil, and most silica is accumulated in the aerial parts as amorphous hydrated silica.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.