Hydrated silica in a hard granular hygroscopic form used as a desiccant.
- ‘If you plan to use silica gel or other desiccant to dry flowers, you may wish to cut off all of the stems, leaving only a small portion attached to each blossom.’
- ‘Most closet dehumidifiers are wireless and use salt, silica gel, or other material to absorb moisture out of the air.’
- ‘The samples were stored either in 95% alcohol or dry in envelopes placed in plastic zip-lock bags containing silica gel.’
- ‘Consider using silica gel or air midsoles in your shoes plus polyester or polyester-blend socks to prevent blisters and keep your feet dry.’
- ‘After 30 days, mature fruit capsules were collected and preserved in Petri dishes containing silica gel.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.