One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A partner not sharing in the actual work of a firm.
- ‘The other 15% of the firm is owned by four silent partners, who invested another $10,500 in seed money for a total of $70,000 in start-up costs.’
- ‘Keep in mind, however, that individual investors tend to be silent partners, which could be good or bad, depending on your needs.’
- ‘If being around him in business is too painful or exhausting personally, then cash out and look for another business venture or become a silent partner.’
- ‘Her evidence was that the business was ready to go by March 2001, and that she was going to be the active partner, and her son-in-law would be the silent partner.’
- ‘Over a three-year period he recruited silent partners through newspaper adverts, promising to pay them ‘substantial returns’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.