One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drug taken to increase blood flow to the penis and improve erectile function.
Chemical formula: C₂₂H₃₀N₆O₄SAlso called Viagra (a trademark)
- ‘Decreased libido has also been treated with sildenafil citrate.’
- ‘DeBusk and associates conducted a randomized, double-blind, prospective, multi-center, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate when used to treat erectile dysfunction.’
- ‘In recent years, extensive studies have found sildenafil citrate successful as a treatment for sexual dysfunction in the West.’
- ‘Since the release of sildenafil citrate for men in 1998, there has been considerable interest in finding parallel agents for women.’
- ‘Though the ocular side effects of sildenafil have been reported, no information is available on the histopathologic effects of chronic use of sildenafil citrate on the ocular vasculature.’
1990s: origin unknown.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.