One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Formally and officially agreed and in effect.
authorized, accredited, approved, validated, authenticated, authentic, certified, endorsed, documented, sanctioned, licensed, formal, recognized, authoritative, accepted, verified, legitimate, legal, lawful, valid, bona fide, proper, true, ex cathedra, signed, sealed, and delivered, signed and sealedView synonyms
- ‘There's nothing signed and sealed yet, there's still a lot of rugby to play to make the play-offs.’
- ‘Nothing seems to be conclusively signed and sealed; pessimism overwhelms most of the NGOs as well as various justice and peace organisations.’
- ‘He said: ‘We could have delayed the announcement until all the contracts were signed and sealed, but this is about being open and honest.’’
- ‘We are currently looking at the demolition tenders and we believe a deal will be signed and sealed within two months.’
- ‘I just hope it is not a case of prolonging the agony and I won't believe everything is okay until a deal is signed and sealed and I'm reading it in the paper.’
- ‘Now, in this province, not only can you no longer trust a handshake deal, you can't even trust a signed and sealed legal document with all the fine print carefully scrutinized.’
- ‘We had hoped it all would be signed, sealed, and delivered by now.’
- ‘I know I won't do anything next time until everything is signed and sealed.’
- ‘Dolan said: ‘We are hopeful the deal will be completed by the end of today but I do not want to say who it is until everything is signed and sealed.’’
- ‘We will fight on and on and only stop once the final contract is signed and sealed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.