One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A military attack by a drone or drones in which people are targeted because their activities are believed to fit a particular behavioral profile, though their individual identities are unknown.‘officials said the use of signature strikes is part of a broader easing of constraints on military drone campaigns’
- ‘These so-called signature strikes are based on assessments that men carrying weapons or in a militant compound are legitimate targets.’
- ‘The agency has been building networks of informants there to assemble intelligence reports that could guide the signature strikes.’
- ‘Broader rules allow signature strikes, when surveillance data suggest a terrorist leader may be nearby but the identities of others targeted is not known.’
- ‘They report an increase in signature strikes, which target groups selected through "pattern of life analysis."’
- ‘The proposal for the signature strikes is awaiting a decision by the National Security Council.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.