The branch of military intelligence concerned with the monitoring, interception, and interpretation of radio signals, radar signals, and telemetry.
- ‘This data will primarily come from imagery intelligence, human intelligence, and signals intelligence.’
- ‘The importance and the share of signals intelligence among other types of intelligence were constantly growing during the war.’
- ‘The lightning bolt represents electronic warfare and signals intelligence and the globe symbolizes worldwide capabilities.’
- ‘With further refinements, technology will allow selected personnel to track and identify targets by fusing imagery; signals intelligence, and input from other sensors.’
- ‘Second, espionage is often essential to providing an indication, a tip, a direction for targeting and using technical intelligence assets, such as reconnaissance or signals intelligence.’