Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of military intelligence concerned with the monitoring, interception, and interpretation of radio signals, radar signals, and telemetry.
- ‘This data will primarily come from imagery intelligence, human intelligence, and signals intelligence.’
- ‘The importance and the share of signals intelligence among other types of intelligence were constantly growing during the war.’
- ‘The lightning bolt represents electronic warfare and signals intelligence and the globe symbolizes worldwide capabilities.’
- ‘With further refinements, technology will allow selected personnel to track and identify targets by fusing imagery; signals intelligence, and input from other sensors.’
- ‘Second, espionage is often essential to providing an indication, a tip, a direction for targeting and using technical intelligence assets, such as reconnaissance or signals intelligence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.