One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player who signals the next play or formation to other team members.
- ‘In a league trending toward big, fast signal-callers who are as smart as they are courageous, he is the prototypical quarterback for the 21st century.’
- ‘He's the kind of coach who works endless hours to prepare game plans for a quarterback-friendly system that turns signal-callers into stars.’
- ‘Every time he has lost his job in the past, he's found a lesser team to make him its first-string signal-caller.’
- ‘His strengths are his ability to defend against the run and his role as the signal-caller of the defense.’
- ‘Though his ability as a defensive signal-caller still is in question, he deserves to start somewhere because of his physical skills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.