One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player who signals the next play or formation to other team members.
- ‘He's the kind of coach who works endless hours to prepare game plans for a quarterback-friendly system that turns signal-callers into stars.’
- ‘Though his ability as a defensive signal-caller still is in question, he deserves to start somewhere because of his physical skills.’
- ‘In a league trending toward big, fast signal-callers who are as smart as they are courageous, he is the prototypical quarterback for the 21st century.’
- ‘His strengths are his ability to defend against the run and his role as the signal-caller of the defense.’
- ‘Every time he has lost his job in the past, he's found a lesser team to make him its first-string signal-caller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.