One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Authorize someone's release or record their departure by signing a register.
- ‘There, she found her father waiting for her, already signing her out of school.’
- ‘Postsurgery, guards signed her out against medical advice and confiscated her pain medication.’
- ‘Persons picking up campers for early dismissal should present photo identification to the office staff and be asked to sign the camper out in a log book.’
- ‘‘According to this, the night nurse signed her out at four-twenty this morning,’ she answered smacking her bubble gum.’
- ‘They talked to the doctors and everything was clear to sign Ryan out.’
- ‘When my dad finally got to school, he signed me out in a hurry.’
- ‘I signed us out at the office, using the excuse that my sister was sick.’
- ‘‘Come on, Noe,’ her mother said, signing her out.’
- ‘She said the process for parents picking up their children is to arrive at the school cafeteria where the children wait and then sign their child out before leaving.’
- ‘Sammy's mom gave me a disappointed look before she signed Sammy out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.