One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sign a register on arrival, typically in a hotel.
- ‘I suppose that if you didn't sign in on the council register you don't exist!’
- ‘The clubhouse no longer has the routine where you must sign in if you are not a club member as the bar is leased out.’
- ‘With a goodbye both Emma and Danny got out of the car and signed in to the hotel.’
- ‘Dana has just signed in., MSN informed her with a short, annoying sound effect.’
- ‘They carry their own personal ID badges and all visitors must sign in and out of the building.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.