One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Examination of the sigmoid colon by means of a flexible tube inserted through the anus.
- ‘If the examination is performed with sedation, it may be helpful to combine it with other procedures such as blood tests, echocardiography, flexible sigmoidoscopy or mammography.’
- ‘Further examination using flexible sigmoidoscopy and/or colonoscopy may be indicated in individual patients.’
- ‘They should receive one or a combination of four screening tests, including fecal occult blood test, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, and barium enema.’
- ‘Persons with at least one positive stool card were offered further diagnostic testing that most commonly included barium enema, flexible sigmoidoscopy or full colonoscopy.’
- ‘Immunological tests and flexible sigmoidoscopy should be evaluated as potential new tests in screening for colorectal cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.