One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Examination of the sigmoid colon by means of a flexible tube inserted through the anus.
- ‘Persons with at least one positive stool card were offered further diagnostic testing that most commonly included barium enema, flexible sigmoidoscopy or full colonoscopy.’
- ‘They should receive one or a combination of four screening tests, including fecal occult blood test, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, and barium enema.’
- ‘If the examination is performed with sedation, it may be helpful to combine it with other procedures such as blood tests, echocardiography, flexible sigmoidoscopy or mammography.’
- ‘Immunological tests and flexible sigmoidoscopy should be evaluated as potential new tests in screening for colorectal cancer.’
- ‘Further examination using flexible sigmoidoscopy and/or colonoscopy may be indicated in individual patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.