Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The S-shaped last part of the large intestine, leading into the rectum.→ sigmoid
- ‘A tiny video camera at its tip allows your doctor to view the inside of your sigmoid colon and rectum, or about two feet of the intestine closest to the rectum.’
- ‘The hindgut develops into the distal third of the transverse colon, the sigmoid colon, rectum, and upper two thirds of the anal canal.’
- ‘The rectum originates at the sigmoid colon and terminates at the anus.’
- ‘The internal iliac arteries supply blood to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘Stent delivery using fluoroscopic screening alone seems to be adequate for tumours affecting the distal sigmoid colon and rectum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.