One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This tall building that was to be our billet greeted us in grey silence, its many windows peering down at us with the sightlessness of a blind man.’
- ‘We have the Shogun of the Underworld, who like Ichi is blind and has learned to compensate for his sightlessness with abilities seeming to border on the mystical.’
- ‘His eyes shot open with wide, surprised sightlessness.’
- ‘There is more than one kind of sightlessness - there is blindness in sight.’
- ‘But the harsh reality is definable: an absence of opportunity, a sightlessness, a stifled sense of get-up-and-go, unemployed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.