One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fairy people of Irish folklore, said to live beneath the hills and often identified as the remnant of the ancient Tuatha Dé Danann.
sprite, pixie, elf, imp, brownie, puckView synonyms
- ‘In this prologue, I will explain the various tribes mentioned, namely selkies, Sidhe, phoukas, and halflings, as many readers may not have heard of them before.’
- ‘From that point on they became known as the Sidhe, so they are as much ancient Gods and Goddesses as they are faeries.’
- ‘Based on the Irish myth for Sidhe they are immortal and fair creatures.’
- ‘‘I am Queen Twilight of the Sidhe,’ the woman said introducing her self.’
- ‘He was Tamerlane himself, prince of the Sidhe, and a more tender, more noble being she'd never known.’
From Irish aos sidhe ‘people of the fairy mound’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.