One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An occasion on which a retailer sells reduced-price goods on the sidewalk outside their premises.‘a fabulous sidewalk sale with incredible deals’
- ‘On Friday and Saturday there will be rummage, book, bake and sidewalk sales and a flea market outside the park.’
- ‘Sidewalk sales or "flash" closeout offers online are other possibilities for moving returned merchandise.’
- ‘Businesses in the Fox Island Square held sidewalk sales, cookouts and special activities like face-painting throughout the day.’
- ‘There's something for everyone at the sidewalk sale.’
- ‘The Seahawks Pro Shop will also be open and will include a one-day only sidewalk sale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.