Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The time it takes the moon to orbit once around the earth with respect to the stars (approximately 271/4 days)
- ‘In different Indian lunisolar calendars the lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month.’
- ‘During the sidereal months of Sagittarius and Capricorn, the Sun is nearest to the earth.’
- ‘There are on average about 13.37 sidereal months in a tropical year.’
- ‘Thus, a lunar month is longer than a sidereal month by about 1/12 th of a month, or two-and-a-half days roughly.’
- ‘How would the synodic and sidereal months differ if the moon orbited the Earth in the opposite direction?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.