One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time it takes the moon to orbit once around the earth with respect to the stars (approximately 271/4 days).
- ‘During the sidereal months of Sagittarius and Capricorn, the Sun is nearest to the earth.’
- ‘How would the synodic and sidereal months differ if the moon orbited the Earth in the opposite direction?’
- ‘Thus, a lunar month is longer than a sidereal month by about 1/12 th of a month, or two-and-a-half days roughly.’
- ‘There are on average about 13.37 sidereal months in a tropical year.’
- ‘In different Indian lunisolar calendars the lunar month is used, mixed with the sidereal month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.