One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marketing incentive aimed at persuading a consumer to switch to a competitor's product.‘a competitive sidegrade to Canvas or CorelDraw’
- ‘Maybe… just maybe they will offer prepurchase at $349, that's the least they could do after advertising the sidegrade for that price.’
- ‘I do the research and try to answer queries as to which item is an upgrade or sidegrade etc.’
- ‘If you don't want to install the whole sidegrade and are just interested in the spell checking… just install Word and select spell check as the only option to install.’
- ‘Technically, these are sidegrades, as you keep the original installations and merely get a discount coupon for the new full installer which you can install on the same system in a different folder or even on a different system.’
- ‘For any use on another computer system, e.g. on an upgrade to a more powerful CPU or a sidegrade to another model, a new license has to be purchased.’
Switch to a competitive product.‘I'd prefer to sidegrade to Windows Media Player 10 at some point’
- ‘Having recently upgraded (or sidegraded maybe) from a laptop to a desktop based system, I was looking for something other than a mouse/trackpad for ergonomic reasons.’
- ‘Because frankly, anything else is just sidegrading the deck, not upgrading.’
- ‘I doubt you'll see huge leaps in sound quality if you're only sidegrading.’
- ‘When you want to sidegrade from another products we will need the complete original product.’
- ‘So Brad posts rightly that upgrading or in this matter sidegrading can improve the situation, but I think they are aware that upgrading does not solve every issue about chunking, and I think they are aware that many people still do not have the money to upgrade their computer out of the blue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.