One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of two frequency bands on either side of the carrier wave, containing the modulated signal.
- ‘If you go offshore, you may need modems and programs that work with a single sideband or HAM radio, and/or a satellite phone for data transmissions.’
- ‘In signal recycling it is these sidebands that are stripped off the laser carrier wave and sent back into the interferometer, so that the signal can be built up and amplified.’
- ‘The origin bands are usually described as bands, whereas the sidebands are labeled.’
- ‘Tone-induced by-products may involve quantizing noise, harmonic distortion and any amplitude or phase modulation sidebands falling outside the reject limits of the notch filter.’
- ‘The carrier itself is never really set - only the modulation products of the sidebands - so that the methods for measuring power change a bit from analog.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.