One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suit other than the trump suit.
- ‘When the declarer leads from a side suit, it is very often right for the defenders to hold back their high cards.’
- ‘In side suits, counting is somewhat pointless.’
- ‘If you are playing a suit contract, and an opponent leads the Ace of a side suit in which you hold the King, you can trump the Ace and then lead the King to win another trick.’
- ‘The general strategy is to pick a side suit (almost always the suit played on the first trick) and lead it at every opportunity.’
- ‘A strong trump holding by itself will usually not be enough for the declarer to win, he needs additional tricks in side suits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.