One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Complete understanding and enlightenment possessed by a siddha.
- ‘It is profoundly significant that the epic declares her to be the incarnation of siddhi, fulfilment.’
- ‘Acquiring siddhi through Tantric discipline does not really rely on a physical partnership because transcendence relies on devotional practices and surrendering of the ego.’
- ‘Those who are mainly interested in the transcendental siddhi of buddhahood are given all eleven initiations.’
- ‘This place is supposed to be appropriate for attaining siddhi (divine powers).’
- ‘They called it siddhi, an altered consciousness.’
2A paranormal power possessed by a siddha.
- ‘This concentrated tantric yoga practice, which included sexuality as its mainstay, allowed her to cultivate powerful siddhis.’
- ‘In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.’
- ‘The whole notion of enlightenment is talked of as some fugue like bliss state, with corresponding siddhis, or omnipotence or whatever.’
- ‘Gurudeva was blessed with special siddhis, or psychic powers.’
- ‘It is easy to attain all of the siddhis (yoga powers).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.