One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Complete understanding and enlightenment possessed by a siddha.
- ‘Acquiring siddhi through Tantric discipline does not really rely on a physical partnership because transcendence relies on devotional practices and surrendering of the ego.’
- ‘It is profoundly significant that the epic declares her to be the incarnation of siddhi, fulfilment.’
- ‘This place is supposed to be appropriate for attaining siddhi (divine powers).’
- ‘They called it siddhi, an altered consciousness.’
- ‘Those who are mainly interested in the transcendental siddhi of buddhahood are given all eleven initiations.’
2A paranormal power possessed by a siddha.
- ‘In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.’
- ‘Gurudeva was blessed with special siddhis, or psychic powers.’
- ‘The whole notion of enlightenment is talked of as some fugue like bliss state, with corresponding siddhis, or omnipotence or whatever.’
- ‘It is easy to attain all of the siddhis (yoga powers).’
- ‘This concentrated tantric yoga practice, which included sexuality as its mainstay, allowed her to cultivate powerful siddhis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.