One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Loving my children seemed to solve any problem they had - even discovering Kyle had cystic fibrosis at the age of seven - this was the reason for his low weight and sickliness as a baby.’
- ‘What is inherited is not the sickness but sickliness: the lack of strength to resist the danger of infections, etc., the broken resistance; morally speaking, resignation and meekness in face of the enemy.’
- ‘Then, in 1858, when malaria in the valley and foothills reached epidemic proportions, Logan attributed the region's sickliness to the environmental changes associated with mining and farming.’
- ‘But Chopin, too, fits certain pariah stereotypes: of effeminacy, sickliness, even degeneracy.’
- ‘It was well worth venturing out in spite of my lingering sickliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.