One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pain is so bad that I gag, a sickish feeling in my sinuses.’
- ‘I have to now face the fact that I, who am rarely sick, have been sickish for a week now, mostly with coughing phlegmy runny nose-and-eyes ick.’
- ‘Rising gradually to her feet, those sickish green eyes met the Captain's level, immediately locking on to those specks of electric blue.’
- ‘Because of ionization, the choking air filled with a sickish sweet ‘electric smell.’’
- ‘My sore hands shake, a hot, sickish dread rises inside my chest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.