One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leave of absence granted because of illness.
- ‘Mr Livesey has also asked Munchies to compensate him for lost wages because he took a day of sick leave due to his sudden illness.’
- ‘The bill also separates out the confusion surrounding sick leave and bereavement leave.’
- ‘As a result of this legislation, the average rate will be applied to all statutory holidays and all sick leave.’
- ‘The new provision to separate bereavement leave from sick leave also needs further investigation.’
- ‘Other allowances like sick leave, parental leave or holiday pay provision barely exist.’
- ‘You cannot make an employee use sick leave or vacation time for military leaves of absence.’
- ‘All those things added on top of ordinary pay can mean that a person who is on sick leave or on holiday will get more than someone working.’
- ‘That means all too many women receive no paid sick leave or annual leave, and enjoy no job security beyond the next shift.’
- ‘When PC Furness went on sick leave her absence on the streets prompted juvenile nuisance to increase on her beat.’
- ‘Grocon wants greater control over rostered days off, sick leave, annual leave and working hours.’
- ‘Changes to the holiday and sick leave have been made as a preventative measure, said Mrs Roney.’
- ‘Those in casual work continue to receive lower pay, no paid sick leave, annual leave or public holidays.’
- ‘While there is some protection for temporary workers, many do not have access to sick leave or holiday pay.’
- ‘The bill proposes separate entitlements for sick leave and bereavement leave.’
- ‘As a temporary worker I was not entitled to holidays or sick leave.’
- ‘They will also be paid for the time on strike, vacation entitlements and sick leave.’
- ‘It also permits them to forego payment of sick leave and retirement, vacation and medical benefits.’
- ‘Teachers employed under contract do not receive holiday or sick leave and other basic entitlements.’
- ‘Most apparent in this regard is the absence of adequate sick leave, maternity provision, and child health care.’
- ‘It also has accounting codes for cost analysis and can track sick leave, annual leave and overtime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.