One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A group of offspring having the same two parents.
- ‘All individuals were selected from sibships that had both female and hermaphrodite progeny, so all individuals carried a fertility cytoplasm that is susceptible to restoration.’
- ‘We speculate that the lack of bias in the present analysis is due to the large and well-balanced sibships created in this F 2 population structure.’
- ‘Our article presents two methods for partitioning individuals into full sibships when no parental information is available and illustrates their accuracy on various real and simulated data sets.’
- ‘What is the level of correlated mating within sibships and what is the level of correlated paternity among sibships?’
- ‘Taken together the arguments considered in this paper imply similar ethnic effects within sibships, but different gender effects.’
- 1.1Anthropology The state of belonging to a sib or the same sib.
- ‘The first is the percentage of each sibship that is female, given that women generally do a disproportionate share of maintaining kinship ties.’
- ‘However, it considers only sibship means and does not account for biological relationships between subjects within families.’
- ‘Family identity was maintained so that sibship was not confounded with any of the other assignments, but was not otherwise considered in statistical analyses.’
- ‘Potential confounding by parental educational status, parental smoking, sibship size, and housing style, and interactions with site of residence, were also explored.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.