One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enthusiastic amateur photographer.
- ‘The beauty of this village will captivate any camera lens, delivering shutterbugs to a time preserved only in traditional Chinese paintings.’
- ‘Billy is a teenage shutterbug who always seems to cram his camera in the most inopportune places.’
- ‘There could be no better hunting ground than the majestic and serene Himalayan ranges for these shutterbugs.’
- ‘Their early work influenced many photographers, including Ansel Adams, and especially those shutterbugs drawn to Western landscapes.’
- ‘Film was already loaded in the camera so that shutterbugs had only to point and shoot and then send the still loaded camera back to the company's factory in Rochester.’
- ‘The movie star now has a team of guards on patrol outside the luxurious beachside home to check for sneaky shutterbugs.’
- ‘There was the bullfighter, he was easy to recognize, and the bespectacled guy with half dozen cameras hanging from his neck was obviously the shutterbug.’
- ‘For amateur shutterbugs with digital cameras, here's as good a chance as any to become a published photographer.’
- ‘They say photography is an addictive hobby, like golf, and once bitten by the shutterbug, one is always impatient to grab the camera and go for a shoot.’
- ‘With great enthusiasm, all of them posed for the shutterbugs of the media as well as the event managers.’
- ‘The kaleidoscopic range of subjects - child labour, women empowerment, literacy, environment - showcase a variety of themes the shutterbugs are called on to cover.’
- ‘The best advice for the traveling shutterbug is to relax and not worry about getting the perfect shot.’
- ‘You actually have time to frame your shots without jockeying for position with all the other shutterbugs.’
- ‘No nation can flee its stereotypes - think of Japanese shutterbugs, Germans in socks and sandals, and solipsistic Americans searching for someplace exotic with all the conveniences of home.’
- ‘The contest is open to all shutterbugs, and will have professional, hobby photographers, the general public and youth categories.’
- ‘Could they even have known if a particular shutterbug was working for the cops?’
- ‘An avid shutterbug, Paul has been able to expand his interest in photography as a leader on Sierra Club trips.’
- ‘The 35-year-old star, who is followed by shutterbugs everywhere she goes, has now befriended a group of photographers, who have told her ‘the rules’.’
- ‘Most shutterbugs live for the ‘click’ of the camera.’
- ‘The exciting life, ambience and attraction of Russia is captured in vivid detail by Urmila, an avid shutterbug.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.