Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The button on a camera that is pressed to make the shutter open.
- ‘It will now hold that focus until you either fully depress the shutter release, or you take your finger off the button.’
- ‘With most cameras the correct-focus indicator light will blink rapidly and the shutter release won't fire.’
- ‘Camera absent-mindedly in hand, she accidentally pressed the shutter release.’
- ‘Hold the shutter release half way down and walk back and compose the shot without letting the shutter release go.’
- ‘My heart races and my finger stays glued to the shutter release.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.