A weapon in the form of a star with projecting blades or points, used as a missile in some martial arts.
- ‘It was created in Asia, home of the sneaky ninja who were fond of throwing shurikens at enemies from their hiding places.’
- ‘He moved to counterattack when thousands of shurikens came hurtling at him from even more ninjas positioned in the tops of trees.’
- ‘The large man tensed as his opponent threw the shuriken at him.’
- ‘She had her shuriken in her hands, ready to throw.’
- ‘He threw a large shuriken, a throwing star, so fast that Kenji just barely got out of the way.’
- ‘I have a couple of swords at home, as well as a dagger or two, and a shuriken.’
- ‘Why would they throw weapons away, like a shuriken, which if it missed, would more than likely be lost?’
- ‘Jerking her hand away from him she jumped back and pulled out a set of shurikens.’
- ‘You sneak up on people and waste them with your arsenal of equally cool weapons, like shurikens.’
Japanese, literally dagger in the hand.