One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I left the Ministry of Agriculture many years ago now, yet my friend Tony has remained there, rising steadily to the rank of senior pencil shuffler.’
- ‘This edition features a round board instead of the usual square and a plastic card dispenser that resembles a playing card shuffler.’
- ‘He rails against the armies of form devisers, paper shufflers and managers who waste the tax payers' money while contributing nothing to the public good.’
- ‘A machine-shuffled game - but not a game with a continuous shuffler that makes it impossible to count - suits counters, but most players are better off with a hand-shuffled game.’
- ‘Alex stood for a second and realized the irony that her CD shuffler chose this song first.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.