One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This edition features a round board instead of the usual square and a plastic card dispenser that resembles a playing card shuffler.’
- ‘A machine-shuffled game - but not a game with a continuous shuffler that makes it impossible to count - suits counters, but most players are better off with a hand-shuffled game.’
- ‘He rails against the armies of form devisers, paper shufflers and managers who waste the tax payers' money while contributing nothing to the public good.’
- ‘Alex stood for a second and realized the irony that her CD shuffler chose this song first.’
- ‘I left the Ministry of Agriculture many years ago now, yet my friend Tony has remained there, rising steadily to the rank of senior pencil shuffler.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.