One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All those shops selling these goods have to give consumers the assurance that they are fast colour, non shrinkable and correct size.’
- ‘The polystyrene film used to make the shrinkable plastic consists of long tangled carbon chains with six-carbon rings hanging like pendants on every other link.’
- ‘If the surface soil underlying 208 London Road is a shrinkable clay, then tree management would have provided an effective and economical way of preventing further movement.’
- ‘The foundations to the garage and dwarf garden walls will not provide protection against subsidence in dry weather on very highly shrinkable clay with a large tree population adjacent.’
- ‘Reverse printed by rotogravure in eight colors, including metallic silver, the Seal-It heat shrinkable sleeve label enhances the product.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.