(of textiles or garments) resistant to shrinkage.
- ‘Already leading the industry with their eco-friendly approach, the company ups the ante again with chlorine-free, shrink-resistant wool that is even better for the planet.’
- ‘The patent describes a yarn and its use in making a shrink-resistant elastic tape as invented by one Hong Kong company.’
- ‘The fisherman's zip cardigan is made from shrink-resistant machine washable lambswool with zip fastening and 2 pockets.’
- ‘Chitin (the carbohydrate part of cuticle, extracted from shrimp shells) is already used to make wool shrink-resistant.’
- ‘The heavy-weight ultra-blend of 50% cotton and 50% polyester is wrinkle- and shrink-resistant.’
- ‘As with wool alone it is desirable to impart shrink-resistant properties to the wool-fiber blends.’
- ‘Mildew-resistant, odor-resistant, and shrink-resistant, this suit was fabulous.’