One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Jonathan is a shrimpy little guy with surprisingly strong muscles (which make his arms look like an orange on a stick) and short stubby legs (which can run at an unusually fast speed).’
- ‘I was a shrimpy, insecure city kid when I first went to camp.’
- ‘The shrimpy eight-ounce cans drain your wallet more so than they drain your thirst.’
- ‘One of the boys, a shrimpy little kid, was closer to the ground and faster than the rest of us.’
- ‘But when the humpbacks are rounding up krill - small, shrimpy crustaceans - the net may be as small as five feet across.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.