One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of cooked peeled shrimp served cold with cocktail sauce, typically as an appetizer.‘it is elegant to serve this shrimp cocktail in a chilled martini glass’
- ‘From shrimp cocktails to Alaskan King Crab, there's more than enough to keep foodies entertained at this great diner.’
- ‘The girls shared a shrimp cocktail, followed by shepherd's pie and fish and chips.’
- ‘Beef brisket and shrimp cocktails are reportedly popular options.’
- ‘The gourmet four-course meal begins with a shrimp cocktail or an insalata caprese.’
- ‘The shrimp cocktail is spicy, but they said it was kind of mild.’
- ‘She poses with top models and celebrates her birthday with fresh shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘Guests feasted on shrimp cocktails, assorted cheeses, petit fours, and chocolate-covered strawberries.’
- ‘Howard would always order a bowl of soup and a shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘I've put a Mexican twist on the traditional shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘We ordered shrimp cocktail and oysters on the half shell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.