One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of cooked peeled shrimp served cold with cocktail sauce, typically as an appetizer.‘it is elegant to serve this shrimp cocktail in a chilled martini glass’
- ‘I've put a Mexican twist on the traditional shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘Guests feasted on shrimp cocktails, assorted cheeses, petit fours, and chocolate-covered strawberries.’
- ‘Howard would always order a bowl of soup and a shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘She poses with top models and celebrates her birthday with fresh shrimp cocktail.’
- ‘Beef brisket and shrimp cocktails are reportedly popular options.’
- ‘The gourmet four-course meal begins with a shrimp cocktail or an insalata caprese.’
- ‘The girls shared a shrimp cocktail, followed by shepherd's pie and fish and chips.’
- ‘The shrimp cocktail is spicy, but they said it was kind of mild.’
- ‘We ordered shrimp cocktail and oysters on the half shell.’
- ‘From shrimp cocktails to Alaskan King Crab, there's more than enough to keep foodies entertained at this great diner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.