One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In March he delivered another show-stopping performance and gave a genial speech at his induction to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.’
- ‘He claims there was ‘no sense of occasion’ and few musical highlights - despite show-stopping performances from pop legends U2, Sir Paul McCartney, Madonna and Robbie Williams.’
- ‘In other words, the world's media were agog at her show-stopping performance and that ever-so-crucial use of the word ‘never’ when she spoke about the euro.’
- ‘Where show-stopping saves were common the last two years, goalies are far more susceptible to different scoring opportunities now.’
- ‘Kacey extends her vocal range to show-stopping effect by creating totally new vocal sounds - her emotive delivery even occasionally emulates birdcalls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.