One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person who has overall creative authority and management responsibility for a television program.‘the vision of the show as a whole does not come from the freelance or even the staff writer, but from the showrunner’
- ‘The thing about a sitcom is that you need an experienced showrunner and a critical mass of talent.’
- ‘Just because a kids' show has crummy visuals doesn't mean that it can't still be entertaining, as long as talented writers and showrunners are in control.’
- ‘As the showrunner, Krystal led a writing room and three different production teams.’
- ‘The writing team, led by a showrunner, is in place throughout the entire production period, constantly rewriting up until the recording of the show.’
- ‘The best showrunners I know put out shows they'd like to watch and are in tune with the viewing audience.’
- ‘Watch the shows that impress you, that are in the same genre as your pilot, then send a query letter to the showrunners who created those shows.’
- ‘The showrunner then outlines the season and assigns writers to different episodes.’
- ‘The showrunner has final say on everything involving the show.’
- ‘It would be my guess that the showrunners had to make a pretty generous deal with the studio.’
- ‘The showrunner reads every version of each script written by each staff member.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.