One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room used to display goods for sale, such as appliances, cars, or furniture.
- ‘These showrooms now display a combination of traditional and modern furniture.’
- ‘It looked like one of those furniture showrooms where you're not allowed to sit on the furniture.’
- ‘A burglar who targeted car showrooms was trapped by DNA on a screwdriver discovered at one and a footprint at another.’
- ‘Stephen's wife Samantha looks after the room sets in the showrooms.’
- ‘You can purchase their products in some of Ireland's top stores or from their showrooms at Bert Cross.’
- ‘Sometimes it can take a lot of patience to browse through furniture showrooms.’
- ‘Shop around and visit showrooms to see what is available - anything from minimalist designs to freestanding units.’
- ‘The farmhouse showroom also includes changing room facilities so customers can see their whole outfits.’
- ‘It closed its doors as a cinema in 1975, and has since been used as a furniture showroom and warehouse.’
- ‘He progressed to senior showroom assistant at the Twickenham showroom in York Street.’
- ‘The company has a modern showroom where a sample range and catalogues are on display.’
- ‘The showrooms have been in the planning stage for the last two years.’
- ‘However, car sales jumped in October with buyers being tempted to the showrooms by zero finance offerings.’
- ‘Prices will start from about £10,000 when it arrives in UK showrooms in October or November.’
- ‘Visitors and buyers can have a look at how handicrafts are made in the showrooms as most of them also give demonstrations.’
- ‘This time, larger showrooms and stores arm themselves with more sales persons to manage the huge crowds.’
- ‘So few newly-weds are buying dining-room suites that they are beginning to clog up furniture showrooms.’
- ‘In addition, the glamorised park provides art galleries and handicraft showrooms.’
- ‘The showroom also has on display some cedar wood carvings which artists have made after a visit to Africa.’
- ‘At last our front room has stopped looking like a furniture showroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.