One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room used to display goods for sale, such as appliances, cars, or furniture.
- ‘So few newly-weds are buying dining-room suites that they are beginning to clog up furniture showrooms.’
- ‘Prices will start from about £10,000 when it arrives in UK showrooms in October or November.’
- ‘At last our front room has stopped looking like a furniture showroom.’
- ‘You can purchase their products in some of Ireland's top stores or from their showrooms at Bert Cross.’
- ‘Visitors and buyers can have a look at how handicrafts are made in the showrooms as most of them also give demonstrations.’
- ‘These showrooms now display a combination of traditional and modern furniture.’
- ‘Sometimes it can take a lot of patience to browse through furniture showrooms.’
- ‘The company has a modern showroom where a sample range and catalogues are on display.’
- ‘The showroom also has on display some cedar wood carvings which artists have made after a visit to Africa.’
- ‘Stephen's wife Samantha looks after the room sets in the showrooms.’
- ‘A burglar who targeted car showrooms was trapped by DNA on a screwdriver discovered at one and a footprint at another.’
- ‘However, car sales jumped in October with buyers being tempted to the showrooms by zero finance offerings.’
- ‘It closed its doors as a cinema in 1975, and has since been used as a furniture showroom and warehouse.’
- ‘This time, larger showrooms and stores arm themselves with more sales persons to manage the huge crowds.’
- ‘Shop around and visit showrooms to see what is available - anything from minimalist designs to freestanding units.’
- ‘The farmhouse showroom also includes changing room facilities so customers can see their whole outfits.’
- ‘In addition, the glamorised park provides art galleries and handicraft showrooms.’
- ‘He progressed to senior showroom assistant at the Twickenham showroom in York Street.’
- ‘The showrooms have been in the planning stage for the last two years.’
- ‘It looked like one of those furniture showrooms where you're not allowed to sit on the furniture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.