One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick liquid product used for washing oneself in the shower.‘a bottle of shower gel’‘our rose shower gel leaves your skin smelling fresh’
- ‘Do not use irritating, perfumed soaps, shower gel or deodorants.’
- ‘The Body Shop Snow Collection includes everything from shower gel to body scrub - all in a clean, fresh scent (a mix of freesia and rose essential oils).’
- ‘Most of us pay little attention to the ingredients listed on our moisturiser or shower gel, despite the fact that we spend 5 billion a year on health and beauty products.’
- ‘Fragrant soaps, shower gels, bath salts and bubble bath products are all designed to make bathing a sensual celebration.’
- ‘Make your own scented shower gels to turn your bathroom into a fragrant hydrotherapy retreat!’
- ‘By the way, I just use my hands to apply shower gel, no loofah, no washcloth.’
- ‘Switching to liquid shower gel will also help eliminate scum problems.’
- ‘The firm uses the lavender to produce a range of products such as body cream, bath foam, shower gel, bath crystals, eau de toilette and candles.’
- ‘I also recommend using shower gels, liquid cleansers, or any soap that also has moisturizing agents (alkaline soap tends to dry out skin).’
- ‘The flat bar soap category has suffered due to the increasing popularity of more expensive but niftier shower gels and body washes.’
- ‘Using a loofah with a hydrating shower gel each day also ensures you'll have the smoothest skin.’
- ‘Shower gels, scented soaps and deodorants, body sprays and expensive fragrances are just as likely to belong to men as women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.