One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An advertising poster, especially for a theater performance.
- ‘Shown infrequently at first, movies earned a regular place on Ontario vaudeville show bills over the next 10 years.’
- ‘The Duke has some show bills with the plays and prices on them; they go about putting them up around town.’
- ‘A Sixties Night Out features The Fortunes and The Ivy League, two vocal harmony bands who are still topping show bills, playing their hits and more.’
- ‘Consult your show bill for entry fees, grounds fees, number fees, and other costs you might incur.’
- 1.1 A listing of events at a horse show.‘Horse & Pony Association show bill’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.