One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A teaching method, used especially in teaching young children, in which students are encouraged to bring items they have selected to class and describe them to their classmates.
- ‘It opened with a show-and-tell session of members' slides during the traditional reception on Friday night.’
- ‘I began bringing my scarves into the office for show-and-tell.’
- ‘Last night we had a bit of a show-and-tell session in the liturgy group.’
- ‘My brother, in preschool, brought a poster to show-and-tell time that he had carried the previous day at a pro-choice march.’
- ‘The nice thing is, it allows them to easily take their garden to school for show-and-tell.’
- ‘Ever since then, if it's show-and-tell day, I bring my video recorder, just in case another Erica comes along.’
- ‘‘We encourage these children to share in a show-and-tell way,’ he says.’
- ‘Each seminar will begin with students presenting their things to the class in traditional show-and-tell style and include critical discussions around issues of material culture.’
- ‘Dara did not take the ginger jar to show-and-tell, but she showed us how children can deal with death if given a chance to ask questions, receive honest answers, and participate in family grief.’
- ‘When your child is young, you might also consider encouraging your child to present information to his class during show-and-tell or a special presentation that you arrange with his teacher.’
- ‘We have the whole week for adventures and show-and-tell.’
- ‘She pulled out all the pamphlets again and explained to me each one, as excited as a kindergartner at show-and-tell.’
- ‘I was so incensed that, to the horror of my teacher at the time, I even talked about it at show-and-tell.’
- ‘If need be, drag her onto the bed with her jewelry box for show-and-tell.’
- ‘This day, he joined daughter Quinn at her pre-school for show-and-tell.’
- ‘Look, I don't have time for another round of show-and-tell.’
- ‘I was the kid in the neighborhood who caught black snakes and took them to school for show-and-tell.’
- ‘Use pictures as a show-and-tell vehicle for your young one to help bring family elders to life.’
- ‘‘He would recite his stuff like a child doing show-and-tell,’ manager Jack Rollins once recalled.’
- ‘It was like he brought a puppy to show-and-tell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.