Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The joint connecting an upper limb or forelimb to the body. It is a ball-and-socket joint in which the head of the humerus fits into the socket of the scapula.
- ‘The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.’
- ‘My doctor injected it with cortisone several times and said the shoulder joint should be replaced.’
- ‘In this position, the rear deltoid muscle is stretched around the shoulder joint.’
- ‘On that occasion a cyst that was aggravating nerve joints was drained and the shoulder joint was cleaned up.’
- ‘Other areas to strengthen and support are the shoulder joint, upper arm, forearm, and wrist.’
shoulder joint/ˈSHōldər joint/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.