One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The joint connecting an upper limb or forelimb to the body. It is a ball-and-socket joint in which the head of the humerus fits into the socket of the scapula.
- ‘The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.’
- ‘In this position, the rear deltoid muscle is stretched around the shoulder joint.’
- ‘Other areas to strengthen and support are the shoulder joint, upper arm, forearm, and wrist.’
- ‘On that occasion a cyst that was aggravating nerve joints was drained and the shoulder joint was cleaned up.’
- ‘My doctor injected it with cortisone several times and said the shoulder joint should be replaced.’
shoulder joint/ˈSHōldər joint/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.